"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An EXCITED Church

I've long said, the Church is the most important business on Earth. While some may be uncomfortable thinking this way, consider this...The Church is in the business of seeing the LOST FOUND and CHRIST KNOWN to all. Verne Harnish, CEO of a executive education firm recently wrote a piece for Fortune magazine entitled "Five Ways to Keep Employees Excited" and I began thinking of the application to church teams, leadership and those in pre-leadership (attenders). 1. GIVE THEM A VOICE, 2. CLEAR THE ROADBLOCKS, 3. GROW BETTER BOSSES, 4 TAKE A BREAK FROM AUSTERITY, and 5. MAKE THEIR DREAMS REAL. My plan over the next few days is to briefly put a church perspective on some basic business advice.

* PS. This is my re-entry to this blog, from the hiatus of attending to my parents during the final few months of my Mom's battle with cancer.