"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Seeking

This is a amazing weekend with moving in the Holy Spirit, seeing students and leaders lives changed. This morning though I feel God speaking to me personally.

It seems as though I may have treated The Lord like I do a tool. A tool you say? Sure a tool. I'm kind of a tool junkie. A few years back I discovered the right tool makes a job go easier, more efficiently...or in some cases, you can't even do a job/project without the right tool. So I have endeavored in order to not waste time, to assemble a small arsenal of the right tools to accplish a particular project, my most recent addition being a Ramseg Gun which shoots nails in concrete with a 22 cal. shell. Sure...it's fun to use.
Today the Holy Spirit is speaking to me that may treat The Lord like I do a tool. Meaning....seeking Him for what I need from Him, versus seeking Him just for Him. Isaiah says, "Seek The Lord". I sure have been guilty of looking for a tool because of what I new to get done, but that may not be the pattern to follow with The Lord. He's calling me to seek Him for  Him, not for anything I need from Him or to do for me...just for his presence.

How about you....what do you seek and for why purpose?